June 26, 2013

day 12

So its already Wednesday, this week is flying by for real. We just finished putting together school supply kits to give to kids at camp registration Monday. Each include pencils, pens, a sharpener, an eraser, a spiral notebook, notecards, and a pocket folder all in a canvas tote bag. With planning coming down to the final few details, I am getting super pumped to start English camp next week.

Yesterday my friend Jean Lucson offered to let us sit in on one of his Creole classes. He teaches some of the American kids that live on the compound and he is one of the most brilliant 15 year olds I've ever met. Jean Lucson, Ronaldo, and Frantzy helped us learn some important phrases and Psalm 50:15 (but more importantly "mwen tre remen pitimi" or "I really like peanut butter").
I also got to play a pick up foutbol game before dinner with some of the staff and some of our Haitian friends and y'all I SCORED A GOAL. Of course there was some correlation between the number of Haitians playing and the opportunities I had to touch the ball.

I've started the 30 day Eve & Adam study on the NewSpring website. Its designed to take a different Biblical woman each day and learn from her God experiences. My prayer is to return to America an even more mature woman of God than I left; that requires some work on my part and some renewal on His. It'll be totally worth it 5 and 1/2 weeks from now.

The staff as a whole has been surrounded by spiritual attacks the last few weeks. At Bible study last night, both the girls and guys groups ended up talking about spiritual warfare, what it looks like, and how we should handle it. Cathi brought up an incredible point.
"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm." Ephesians 6:13
Stand firm; not charge, not fight, not run full force. Spiritual attacks are often more powerful than we give them credit. We should always be on the defensive, but only attack when the Spirit leads us to. Jesus even rebuked the disciples for casting out demons without His go-ahead. So I'm asking that He would hold me so close to His Spirit so I can hear every beat of His heart and every whisper He speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment