July 1, 2013

day 17

English Camp is finally here! Today was our first day and it went much better than expected. We had around 70 kids register anywhere from 6 to 15 years old. We got the chance to just hang out with kids while registration was going on. Playing is probably my favorite way to love.
Winger feelin silly 
Beautiful Stania
Selfie Nation
foutbol duh
We introduced our camp song, written by Chris Bosma, one of our own interns, and recorded in studio by Clersondy the resident Haitian sound guy. The kids absolutely loved it and even created a dance all their own.
We issued an entrance exam to see where everyone was at with English, Sassy Stania wanted to let me know where she stood with Jesus.
In my study through women of the Bible I read Proverbs 31. We all know the Proverbs 31 Woman. She loves Jesus and her tishoushou and works hard and cares for others and still looks flawless. She's perfect. I'm sorry, but that just isn't me.

I struggle with comparison in all aspects of my life. Whether its my appearance, my friendships, my relationship with Brian, or my relationship with God I find myself constantly sizing it up against other women. Its especially hard here. Here I am "being a missionary" with a bunch of other Jesus-loving missionaries, people who seem to have loving Him and loving Haiti totally figured out. My heart knows they don't, but my head feeds me lies. I measure my success by comparison BIG TIME. Its bad, but its true. Jesus, be my only focus and hold my hand firmly with every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment