July 28, 2013

day 43

Its official: I made it through my first ever NVM English Camp as a teacher. I'd be lying if I said it was easy and fun the entire month, but it was the experience of a lifetime. We had graduation Friday morning and it was so rewarding to see the kids filled with so much pride in themselves and their accomplishments.
Last Sunday I had a retreat day with the Lord. I got to spend intentional, uninterrupted time with Jesus. To be honest, I didn't know what God and I would do for more than an hour and I was already ticked because a family was staying in door 4 where we are usually allowed to spend our retreat day. So after a lot of talking to Him and staring at a wall I opened up to Jeremiah.
"Your wound is incurable, your injury beyond healing...But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds..." 30:12+17
My head and my heart are constantly battling with the thought of "how did You let this world get so broken?" and the realization that He never intended for us to live this way. He promises restoration in full. Sometimes we see small instances of it in this world and other times we're left waiting for His new Heaven and Earth to see our diseases cured.
"Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands...For the Lord will ransom Jacob and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they." 31:10-11
My thoughts have also been consumed by ED again and that has been so beyond frustrating. Our demons are stronger than us. But Jesus wins (already won) and gives us His word that He will deliver us. There is no thought more comforting.

The rest of this week is composed of writing a report to turn in to the NVM board, organizing the school supply container, and debriefing with Cathi and Gami. Then its BACK TO THE U.S. OF A. BABYYYY.

No comments:

Post a Comment